Get your pricing right for GC10!
As applications for G-Cloud 10 are shortly upon us, we like to give suppliers some handy advice to help make the application process run a little smoother. This time we are tackling the pricing document.
We spend a lot of time on the Digital Marketplace trawling through good (and bad) listings and one document that is seldom up to scratch is the pricing document. There is an air of mystery about this one, no one can tell you how you should price your own service or product, but here are a few pointers…
G-Cloud 10 Pricing:
- Less is more. No don’t worry we aren’t asking you to slash your prices, we mean visually. Don’t make the document so busy that you can’t actually see any prices.
- Don’t make the contract period longer than the terms of the framework. It just isn’t allowed and could put buyers off.
- Keep the currency consistent. If you price in pounds, keep it in pounds and don’t switch to dollars half way through. It proves hard to cost up your service.
- Give examples. Everyone likes an example!
- If you offer additional support for your software or hosting product, upload a supplementary SFIA rate card.
- If you mention any additional costs on the front end of the listing, make sure this is noted within the pricing document.
- Think you might want to offer a volume discount? This can only be done if detailed in your pricing document and is available to ALL potential buyers. BUT if you know you have seasonal periods where you like to offer a discount to buyers, such as the famed ‘March Madness’ include this specific date range on the doc as well as your standard pricing.
- And finally, do not upload a document that says, ‘prices available on request’ or ‘to be agreed with client’. This is a no no, G-Cloud is committed to transparency for all suppliers and the information should be available to the buyer in order to make a decision.
Remember your prices are fixed at the point of tender on G-Cloud, you can lower them but cannot increase them during the lifetime of the framework. Bear this in mind when pricing up your GC10 service!
So, there you have it, some tips to help you make your pricing document perfect. If you still need a hand, get in touch and we would be happy to help!