Gigabit Capable Connectivity DPS Update
We joined CCS’ webinar on the Gigabit Capable Connectivity DPS to find out more about this networks DPS. If you weren’t able to join the webinar, here’s what we found out.
- The DPS is open for applications, with the OJEU Contract Notice Published on the 19th
- As of reading this, the DPS should be live, with the target live date of 21st October
- The duration of the DPS is 4 years
If you don’t already know what a DPS is, here’s a quick reminder:
|Dynamic Purchasing System||Framework|
|Suppliers can join at anytime||Supplier can join within a limited application window|
|No direct award of contracts||Buyers can direct award (sometimes)|
|Pricing determined at the contract award stage||Pricing fixed at the point of tender|
|Unlimited suppliers may join||Number of suppliers decided before procurement|
The DPS is split into three service types:
- Service type 1 – Broadband Connectivity Services
- Service type 2 – Infrastructure Build Services
- Service type 3 – Managed Infrastructure Services
When Buyers access the DPS they will be able to filter based on service type, geographical location, and accreditations.
Connect me up:
To get onto this Dynamic Purchasing System, suppliers need a Dun & Bradstreet Credit score of at least 55, and must be Cyber Essentials certified, as is standard with all government work.
We’re looking forward to working on this DPS – should be a good one!