Gigabit Capable Connectivity DPS now open!
The new Gigabit Capable Connectivity Dynamic Purchasing System is open for supplier applications!
There is a new Dynamic Purchasing System for suppliers of fibre optic infrastructure and services!
The DPS comprises of specifications:
- Managed Connectivity Service– The managed connectivity services will require a network connection to be made available between a specified location and services running on the World Wide Web. The services will be offered with flexible bandwidth options using infrastructure that offers download bandwidths of between a lower threshold of at least [100 Mbps] and an upper threshold of at least [1 Gbps]
- Fibre Infrastructure services – The fibre infrastructure services will require the provision of the necessary duct, fibre and access infrastructure between two specific locations to allow third party integration into existing network services by the procuring authority or their agent.
- Broadband services – The broadband connectivity services are for the provision of a business-class broadband service. The service will be required to access a wide range of managed wide area network services such as VPN tunnels, cloud applications, business class video conferencing, Citrix services, mail services, internet browsing, security services etc.
What do hopeful suppliers need to know?
- In order to list on the DPS you must have a D&B score of 55 or provide a guarantee
- Suppliers must be Cyber Essentials certified
- Buyers will award their contracts via a filtering system, the filters include Services Type, Security Accreditation and Geographical Location
Full supplier application details can be found in the bid pack.