Data and Application Solutions framework – Don’t miss the boat
Suppliers only have till the 6th of August to get their applications in for the selection stage. But, why should they bother?
Last week CCS finally issued the long-anticipated contract notice for the Data and Application Solutions framework and we couldn’t be happier! But why should you apply?
- The Lots have been grouped by verticals – this is very handy if you happen to be looking to sell to Local Gov etc…
- The framework seeks to target the Enterprise Applications and the Information Management segment of UK Public Sector. So, if you provide solutions of this nature then this framework was quite literally made for you!
- It an estimated value of £2.8bn during the lifetime of the framework (need we say more…)
- The number of suppliers in each lot is capped. This does make the application process more competitive, but when it comes to tendering for an opportunity it means less competition.
- DAS is looking likely to run for 2 years with the possibility for another 2-year extension. Which means if you don’t apply now you will be locked out for up to potentially 4 whole years! I don’t need to tell you what advantage your competition would have if they get on and you don’t…
- You can have call-off contracts of up to 7 years. Whilst in recent years shorter contracts have been favoured, DAS seems to have found a nice sweet spot, not too long and not too short.
Data and Application Solutions timeline:
|PIN Published||12th April 2017|
|Stakeholder Engagement||April & May 2017|
|PQQ release||3rd July 2018|
|OJEU Published||3rd July 2018|
|Award for the selection stage||21st September 2018|
|Applications for the Award Stage close||12th November 2018|
|Framework awarded||23rd January 2019|
|Framework start date||22nd February 2019|
The application process
The application for Data and Application Solutions will be carried out in a two-stage process. Only suppliers that are successful in the selection stage will be invited to submit a bid at the award stage. Suppliers will be required to meet certain insurances and financial criteria as part of the selection stage. As well as adhering to those standards suppliers must have Cyber Essentials in place or an equivalent, so if you are not certified then get cracking!
Because of the cap on suppliers in each lot this will be a more onerous application process. Applying to DAS will require more resources and time than a framework such as G-Cloud, so make sure you are prepared for the workload. However, it is not impossible, and it will be worth it to get your share of the £2.8bn! And if you get really stuck, we would be happy to help 😉