Why we are looking forward to Technology Products 3!
The framework kicking off 2019 is Technology Products 3, the replacement for the existing Technology Products 2 (RM3733).
Technology Products is a framework designed for those suppliers looking to sell commodity technology to the public sector.
But why should suppliers consider listing on Technology Products 3?
- Only high-quality suppliers will be admitted to the framework which limits your competition for contracts.
- Good news for SMEs, of the 59 suppliers on Technology Products 2 52.5% are SMEs. TP3 will likely follow in its predecessors’ footsteps by encouraging SMEs to apply for the framework.
- It provides a flexible route to market for suppliers with pre-defined Terms and Conditions, great for those new public sector market entrants.
- The dynamic catalogue functionality allows for direct award at the lowest price for those suppliers in Lot 6.
- Using TP3 to sell your products and solutions will reduce your procurement timescales as no further OJEU process is needed.
- Call Off Contracts can be up to 5 years (depending on circumstances).
- The spend for TP2 isn’t freely available like other CCS frameworks but, the figures from the latest briefing show the total spend since go live for TP2 at £753m. We can only expect to see this spend rise for the next iteration!
What can be sold on TP3?
Lot 1: Hardware
This Lot includes things like PCS, Laptops, keyboards, servers, audiovisual equipment, network infrastructure equipment etc.
Lot 2: Software
Lot 2 is for the purchasing of Off-the-shelf software solutions such as; commercial and open source commodity software; software licenses and associated commoditised; close-to-the-box services.
Lot 3: Combined hardware and software
IT hardware and software purchased from one supplier.
Lot 4: Information Assured Products
If you sell commoditised IT products and solutions that meet specific protective information assurance requirements, then Lot 4 is the one for you!
Lot 5: Volume Hardware Requirements from Original Equipment Manufacturers
Lot 5 is for suppliers limited to supplying their own branded goods and related services. This Lot is for high-volume requirements. (But don’t get too excited about this one, supplier engagement events have shown that both buyers and suppliers are hoping to ditch this Lot).
Lot 6: Catalogue
Finally, we have the catalogue! This Lot is for low value and low quantity transactions of commoditised technology hardware and software products.
If you like the sound of any of the above, then you should start thinking about applying for Technology Products 3! There are of course expected to be some changes to TP3 based on supplier feedback, but all in all it is looking a fab framework to consider.