G-Cloud 9 Tender Start Date
Good morning! I'm not sure if you have seen this yesterday but just in case not.. GDS announced the planned timeline for G-Cloud 9 submissions yesterday...
The Digital Marketplace will open for applications on (ish) 7th March. There are some very notable changes that were also mentioned in the small print:
- ALL current and new suppliers of G-Cloud services will need to reapply.
- G-Cloud 7 & 8 will be retired on 22nd May (although GC8 officially joins the choir invisible on 31st July)
- The application window has been shortened to the minimum allowable. 35 calendar days
- There will be changes to structure & probably terms (again)
- Current suppliers can re-use previous supplier declarations
- As of today that leaves 48 calendar days for GDS & CCS to get their collective acts together and start engaging with the market to ease the pain of:
- Rewriting Service Submission Portal information
- Contacting your lawyers to update terms to meet the new unknown requirements
- Preparing documentation (obtaining sign off can be a challenge) including service definitions & pricing
- Updating your sales, operations & support staff on how the new version will work
A big task I’d say – lets hope the information comes out soon.
Also bear in mind that many SMEs have been waiting for the revised Technology Services 2 Framework to come out. Currently this is due for March too!
We will be keeping a very close eye out for new developments on both frameworks please sign up here or call me on 01273 974414 if you wish to keep abreast of stuff as we know of it. This will also give you access to our G-Cloud Insights Think Piece (see here for more info)
Good luck everyone on both sides of the fence!