G-Cloud 12 pricing dos and don’ts
We've taken a look at what suppliers should be doing to make sure their G-Cloud 12 pricing is compliant, clear and buyable.
With G-Cloud 12 closing for applications on 20th July – which is now very soon! – it’s important to make sure your Pricing document is up to scratch! Here are some common Dos and Don’ts we recommend when you come to putting together your G-Cloud pricing;
- Firstly, less is more, obviously you don’t want to make it too vague, but you need to make sure that buyers will be able to easily calculate the total cost without having to consult extra links or documents.
- Give examples – this immediately makes your pricing document easier to understand.
- Include any Educational discounts you provide – if relevant, by including, this could give you the edge over another supplier.
- Provide a SFIA rate card – this allows you to detail your day rates for consultancy work which may need to be issued within any contracts you receive through the framework. This is also Key for Lot 3!
- Have inconsistent currencies – Stick to one currency throughout, if you chop and change it will make it very difficult for a buyer to gauge how much your service costs.
- “Pricing on request” – This is a big no NO, as will reduce the chances of suppliers being capable of directing award to you! Whilst also going against the transparent nature of the framework.
- “£0-£0” – This can be massively off-putting and can affect the buyability of your listing!
- Make the contract period longer than the terms of G-Cloud – This can be confusing to buyers and also isn’t allowed!
Also it is key to bear in mind that your prices are fixed at the point of tender on G-Cloud, once the framework goes live you can lower prices, but you cannot increase them at any point during the lifetime of the framework.
We hope this quick crash course into what you should do to make a great pricing document is useful. With G-Cloud 12 applications now ramping, it’s time to make sure all aspects are in the best shape and that you can start winning the business come go-Live date in September.