Data and Application Solutions framework – the FAQs
With Data and Application Solutions right around the corner, we know a lot of suppliers have questions about the whats and whys of the framework.
What is Data and Application Solutions?
Data and Application Solutions is a new CCS framework for the supply of software and services. These solutions can be both cloud based and on-premise. Data and Application Solutions or DAS is replacing the expiring Corporate Software Solutions Frameworks and Local Authority Software Applications framework.
When is the framework out?
The framework is set to open in June 2018.
What is the Lot Structure?
The Data and Application Solutions framework is divided by 5 groups and 14 Lots.
Is there a limit to how many suppliers can be in each Lot?
According to the latest CCS supplier webinar, suppliers will be limited to around 20 per Lot. However, this will be confirmed once the Contract Notice is published.
How long will the call-off period be?
The call-off contract period can be up to 7 years (5+1+1) or in other combinations. We recently wrote a blog ‘I’m on G-Cloud, do I need to be on Data and Application Solutions?’ where we discussed in more detail the benefits of this longer call-off period!
Do suppliers need any security certifications to apply for the framework?
As a minimum, suppliers must be Cyber Essentials certified to get on Data and Application Solutions. Cyber Essentials is an entry level certification which helps you to guard against the most common cyber threats and demonstrate a commitment to cyber security.
Where will the opportunity be published?
What is the application process for DAS?
Data and Application Solutions will use a restricted procedure which requires suppliers to demonstrate capability at a PQQ stage. They will need to provide an example for each Lot they want to bid for. Suppliers who pass this stage will progress to the award stage.
The loose timeline for the process is:
- Early Summer – PQQ release. According to the current position on the pipeline this will be June 2018.
- Q3- ITT published
- Q3- Award
- Q4 – Framework goes live
- Q1 2019 – Call-offs awarded
Top 3 tips for listing on Data and Application Solutions?
- Make sure you carefully read all of the guidance published by CCS. This may seem time consuming but its better to be informed.
- Ask questions! Suppliers rarely take the time to ask clarification questions, make sure you take full advantage of the opportunity and keep an eye out for the responses.
- Don’t leave your application to the last minute. Remember the old saying fail to prepare, prepare to fail! Dedicate some time and resources to planning your response and have different people within the organisation look it over before submission.
There you have it, we hope we have answered some of your burning questions, but if not give us a call and we would be happy to discuss DAS!