Get to know the YPO Care Technology DPS
We've put together some frequently asked questions about the YPO Care Technology DPS. So that suppliers can get all the information they need!
If you’re a supplier of care-related technology, YPO’s Care Technology DPS is probably for you. Here, we’ve answered some of the big questions around the Dynamic Purchasing System…
What is YPO?
YPO are the Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation – owned by 13 local authorities, YPO was set up to supply products and services to Public Sector organisations. With over 100 frameworks and counting, and supplying to more than 30,000 customers, the organisation is definitely one to take note of.
What is the Care Technology DPS?
The Care Technology DPS has been set up by YPO to give customers the ability to procure care-related technology easily and compliantly, and runs from October 2018 – October 2022 – meaning it’s already open! As a DPS, supplier numbers are not capped and suppliers can apply to get on at any point throughout the life of the agreement – but the sooner you’re on there, the sooner you’ll be getting business!
Talking of business – how much is expected to be spent through this DPS?
YPO expect £250,000,000 worth of business to be put through the Care Technology DPS over its 3-year life.
What Lots are there on the DPS?
It’s divided into five, quite broad Service Categories:
- Care Related Activity Detection, Monitoring and Prevention Products and Services – this includes activity monitoring, call monitoring services, home automation/environmental control systems, location tracking and monitoring, mobile response service, prevention and detection of falls, and more
- Technology Enabled Reablement and Rehabilitation Products and Services – this includes prosthetics, robotics, sensory and immersive rooms, smart products, virtual and mixed reality, and wheelchairs and mobility
- Care Related Information and Communication Products and Software – Health and care related apps, healthcare kiosks, learning materials and curriculum aids, remote video consultation, screen readers and communication devices, and specialist keyboards and pointing devices
- Care Related Software – call monitoring centre software, case management software, data and trend analysis software, monitoring and rostering of care delivery/staff software, SaaS, and support planning software
- Technology Enabled Care Related Professional Services – care related data and trend analysis services, technology enabled care consultancy, technology enabled care training and education, and more
Okay so what’s the application like?
You’ll need a few things before you start – these include fairly standard liability insurances, as well as adhering to GDPR and some working regulations (including CoSHH and Electricity at Work).
After this, you will need to provide details of up to three contracts (either public or private sector), and ensure you are certified to the Quality Standards Framework from TEC Quality. You will also need to provide a copy of audited accounts for the past two years, proving you have a good economic and financial standing.
Sounds good – what are the award criteria then?
The price-to-quality ratio of the award criteria for this DPS is 60% to 40%. The YPO portal will automatically rank suppliers on their submitted prices. The DPS isn’t capped though, so as long as suppliers can meet the requirements specified they should be okay!